I can’t believe it’s only TWELVE days until the release of We Are the Ants! I’ll try to get back to better blogging soon, but I wanted to share some of the cool things that have been happening with the book.
- Amazon chose ANTS as a January Best book of the Month for YA. And even cooler is that Anna, Banana, and the Puppy Parade by Anica Rissi, my very first editor at Simon Pulse, was a Best Book for January in the chapter books section. I just thought that was so cool.
- iBooks also picked We Are the Ants as a best YA book for January!
- ANTS was listed at Bookish as one of Winter 2015’s Unputdownable YA Picks.
- Lambda Literary had a little bit on ANTS in their article on new winter books.
- Bustle.com featured ANTS as one of their “13 Best YA book to Read When the Snow Inevitably Falls.”
- Over on Adventures in YA Publishing, I offered some writing advice about letting your characters speak through you.
- I’m also grateful to be over on the B&N Teen Blog for their Open Mic where YA authors share personal stories.
- And again on the B&N Teen Blog talking about not being a debut anymore (though I wish I had thought of Hannah’s answer…hers is so much better than mine).
Whew. Lots of stuff. And more to come! A great blog tour is coming up for We Are the Ants, and much, much more!
And, as an aside, I really want to thank everyone who’s been supporting and talking about We Are the Ants, my other books, and ALL the amazing books out there right now. You all are freaking awesome.