2012 was a pretty great year for me. Fab new agent, great new job, lots of great reads and awesome friends. And 2013 is shaping up to be stellar too. FML comes out June 25th, and the future is wide open.
I always like sharing my favorite reads of the year. I didn’t read nearly as much this year as I did last year, but I did find some pretty amazing books.
My absolute favorite would have to be Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz. Gracefully blending a sweet romance with the horror of the Beltway Sniper shootings, Hannah captured something fragile and unique. Her next book Teeth is already getting starred reviews everywhere, so it’s a pretty good bet that it’ll end up on next year’s list.
Other favorite books I read in 2012 are:
- Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie
- Passenger by Andrew Smith
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Unwholly by Neal Shusterman
- The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I’ve actually been a little out of the loop bookwise, so I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to in 2013. So, if you have any great suggestions, I’m all ears. And if you want to tell me what your favorite books of 2012 were, please do so!